I currently work at the University of Maryland, College Park, where I lead the DREAM Lab. As the name of the lab suggests, my research interests include: a) close relationships between parents/children, friends, and romantic partners, b) patterns of dreaming and how they influence subsequent behavior, c) how people experience emotions especially those that are related to relationships (e.g., jealousy, love), d) romantic attraction and sexual behavior, and e) morals, ethics, norms, and standards for interpersonal behavior. I am a social psychologist by training, with background in developmental and health psychology as well. I lead a mindfulness meditation group for students at the University of Maryland. I am a contributing writer to Science of Relationships, and the editor-in-chief of In-Mind Magazine. See my website for more: http://www.dylanselterman.com/
- Close Relationships
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Ethics and Morality
- Health Psychology
- Interpersonal Processes
- Personality, Individual Differences
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Open Science Collaboration. (in press). The Reproducibility Project: A model of large-scale collaboration for empirical research on reproducibility. In V. Stodden, F. Leisch, & R. Peng (Eds.), Implementing Reproducible Computational Research (A Volume in The R Series). New York, NY: Taylor & Francis.
- Koleva, S., Selterman, D., Iyer, R., Ditto, P., & Graham, J. (2014). The moral compass of insecurity: Anxious and avoidant attachment predict moral judgment. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 5(2), 185-194.
- Mohr, J. J., Selterman, D., & Fassinger, R. E. (2013). Romantic attachment and relationship functioning in same-sex couples. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 60(1), 72-82.
- Open Science Collaboration. (2012). An open, large-scale, collaborative effort to estimate the reproducibility of psychological science. Perspectives on Psychological Science, 7(6), 657-660.
- Selterman, D., Apetroaia, A., Riela, S. & Aron, A. (2014). Dreaming of you: Romantic behavior and emotion in dreams of significant others predict subsequent relational behavior. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 5(1), 111-118.
- Selterman, D., Apetroaia, A., & Waters, E. (2012). Script-like attachment representations in dreams containing current romantic partners. Attachment & Human Development, 14(5), 501-515.
- Selterman, D., & Drigotas, S. (2009). Attachment styles and emotional content, stress, and conflict in dreams of romantic partners. Dreaming, 19(3), 135-151.
- Selterman, D. & Koleva, S. (in press). Moral judgment of close relationship behaviors. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships.
- Selterman, D., & Maier, M. (2013). Secure attachment and material reward both attenuate romantic jealousy. Motivation and Emotion, 37(4), 765-775.
- Open Science Collaboration (In Press). Maximizing the reproducibility of your research. In S. O. Lilienfeld & I. D. Waldman (Eds.), Psychological Science Under Scrutiny: Recent Challenges and Proposed Solutions. New York, NY: Wiley.
- Selterman, D. (2012). Attachment, sleep and dreams. In D. Barrett and P. McNamara (Eds.), Encyclopedia of sleep and dreams. Santa Barbara, CA: Greenwood Publishers.
- Selterman, D. (2010). Positive psychology and the importance of close relationships in TV sitcoms: That 70s Show, Entourage, and How I Met Your Mother. In-Mind Magazine, 11.
- Human Development (Adolescence)
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Introduction to Psychology
- Research Lab in Social Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Statistics for Psychology
Department of Psychology
University of Maryland, College Park
1147 Biology/Psychology Building
College Park, Maryland 20742